The Celtic Manor Resort Limited (“the Resort”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal data. We comply with all aspects of the UK General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018 (collectively referred to in this privacy notice as ‘Data Protection Legislation’).
For the avoidance of doubt, this privacy notice applies to all of the Resort’s hotels and lodges that form part of The Celtic Collection (collectively referred to in this notice as “us”, “we” or “our”) including but not limited to:
- The Celtic Manor Resort Hotel;
- Coldra Court Hotel;
- Hunter Lodges;
- Newbridge on Usk;
- The Manor House Hotel;
- Tŷ Hotels; and
- The Parkgate Hotel.
In the course of running our business, we gather and use personal information about guests who stay with us, people who visit us and use our facilities or dine with us, members of our golf and health clubs, people who attend events that we host and people who are interested in finding out more information about us, whether in a personal or professional capacity.
We have developed this privacy notice in order to be as transparent as possible about the personal information we collect and use.
We ask that you read this privacy notice carefully as it contains important information about:
- the personal information that we collect and use;
- the lawful bases we rely on to collect and use it;
- why we collect and use personal information;
- where we get the personal information from;
- with whom we share personal information;
- when we transfer personal information outside the UK;
- how long we keep information and how we ensure it is secure; and
- your privacy rights.
It is important that you read this privacy notice together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal data about you so that you are fully aware of how and why we are using your data and what your rights are under Data Protection Legislation. This privacy notice supplements the other notices and is not intended to override them.
This privacy notice does not apply to our current or former employees, or to people who apply to work for us.
The Celtic Manor Resort Limited is the controller and responsible for your personal data. We are not required to appoint a Data Protection Officer under Data Protection Legislation. However, any queries or concerns relating to personal data should instead be directed by email to: email@example.com or by post: Privacy, Celtic Manor Collection, Coldra Woods, Newport, NP18 1HQ.
Categories of Personal Information that we hold
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
The personal information that we collect, store and use about you includes:
- identity data such as your name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender;
- contact data including your billing address, home address, employer’s address, email addresses and telephone numbers;
- professional information such as details of your employer and job title;
- family information such as details of members of your family that have enjoyed using our services with you and dates of special occasions that you have chosen to celebrate with us;
- financial data including bank account and payment card details;
- transaction data including details about payments to and from you and details of other products and services you have purchased from us;
- profile data such as the services you have used and enjoyed, your interests, preferences (such as your room preference), records of any complaints or requests that you make to us either during or after your stay; feedback and survey responses;
- vehicle information such as the vehicle’s registration number (number plate);
- usage data such as information about how you use our website, products and services;
- images or footage captured by CCTV located in and around our properties and other information obtained through electronic means such as swipe card records; and
- technical data such as internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website; and marketing data including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
We may also collect, store and use the following more sensitive types of personal information:
- information about your health including details of any accidents you may have had or health information relevant to your access needs;
- health and safety related information such as your dietary requirements;
- information about your trade union membership, religious, philosophical or political views or information about your sexuality as a result of your attendance at certain events at any part of the Celtic Collection or International Convention Centre Wales Limited (“ICC Wales”); and
- when using our health clubs and spa facilities, we may also ask you to advise us of any medical or health conditions from which you suffer where these are relevant to the activities you plan to participate in during your stay.
We also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated data could be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data under Data Protection Legislation as this data will not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your usage data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect aggregated data with your personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Sources of Personal Data
We collect information about you in the following ways:
- Directly when you stay with us or use our services, correspond with us by post, phone, email, via social media or otherwise (including prior to your stay with us or use of our services), create an account on our website, subscribe to our newsletters, enter a competition, or complete a survey or give us some feedback.
- When you send requests and messages via our customer text messaging system and mobile application.
- Directly from cameras (CCTV) located in and around our properties and swipe / key cards;
- When we acquire your details via a third party such as when you attend an event within the Celtic Collection, or you book using an agency.
- When you register to use our Wi-Fi service, you will have an option to provide us with your details. We may also collect information when you register for the Wi-Fi service at ICC Wales and agree to receiving news and offers from us.
- Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services like Facebook, WhatsApp or Twitter, you might give us permission to access information from these services, for example when you publicly tag us in an event photo.
- We also generate person information about you when we record your engagement with us and we may supplement information about you with information from publicly available sources.
The lawful basis for processing personal information
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information: